Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Karen Kingsbury

As you know, I love to read. I love to read a variety of genres and topics. You can see from the reading list on the sidebar the wide range of books I've read so far this year. Reading is a way for me to explore, learn, escape, and relax.

My very favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. I know I can pick up one of her books and be captivated, inspired, and encouraged. She is a talented Christian fiction author. While I don't completely agree with some doctrinal points she makes in her writing (i.e. Armenianism), I can get past that and enjoy the basic Christian values represented.

I have her newest novel, "Coming Home," sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I've had it for about a month, but I've been hesitant to read it and be done. I've read almost all of her books and I hate waiting for a new one to come out. I just found out that she has another novel being released in October, so if I read "Coming Home" I won't have to wait too long for the new one.

Out of the 46 novels she's written, most of them are part of a series. She has written 10 different series and 12 stand-alone books (not including children's books). If you're interested in reading some of her books but you're not sure you want to be completely sucked in, I would recommend starting with one of her stand-alone books. I was going to suggest one, but I can't pick my favorite. If you want to go at it full force, then start with "Redemption." You can check out her website for the full list of books and the series orders. If you start reading the series out of order, you will be confused.

So what are you waiting for? Check out her website, pick out a book, then go to the library, and start reading. Just make sure you don't have anything to do for several hours (or days) and a box of tissues handy.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I keep reminding myself that I need to read some of her stuff. Maybe when I finish packing. :)

Anonymous said...

I have read all of her Books, I think , and have just finished reading Coming Home, you will need your Kleenex for this one too.I love her Books, and like you I don't agree with all her views, but they are still good books, can't wait for the next one.