Thursday, November 01, 2007

Psalm 100

As I've been preparing for our meeting that starts tomorrow night, this Psalm keeps coming to mind. Lately, I've really been enjoying reading the Psalms. Some, like Psalm 25, are good to read when I'm feeling overwhelmed or discouraged. Others, like Psalm 113 are great to read and give praise to the Lord. It seems to me that there is a Psalm that describes any situation that I could be dealing with. This Psalm, Psalm 100, is a great reminder of the praise we should be giving to the Lord when we gather together to worship. I pray that as tomorrow evening approaches, I might "enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 100

1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Gary really likes that one too.

ps--like the new look..