Friday, January 21, 2011

Goals

This time of year has a lot of people making resolutions, goals, plans for the new year. I'm a "goal-oriented" kind of person. I like to make goals and challenge myself to achieve those goals. Sometimes I like to get specific with my goals. Other times I like to make more generic goals.

Some of my goals for 2011 are:

  • read the Bible through (using The One-Year Bible published by Tyndale)
  • eat more fresh fruits and vegetables
  • send one handwritten note a week (not starting out so well on this one!)
  • call my grandparents more often
  • run 3 miles in under 30 minutes
  • learn to knit
  • read 50 books
  • stick to a grocery budget
  • intentionally save money
I have a few others that are a little more personal, but those are the main ones.

I'll be posting my progress on the books I've read and am currently reading on the sidebar of the blog. I'm on book 4 of 50 right now. Several of my books are by my favorite author, Karen Kingsbury. I've read most of her books, but I hope to read all of them this year. Also on my list are a few classics that I've never read, some current popular reads, and a few educational books. I have 3 purposes for this goal:

1). Do something I enjoy
2). Spend more time reading and less time watching TV or on the computer
3). Broaden my scope of literacy

We'll see how the year turns out and if I am successful with my goals.

No comments: