Now, at the age of 25, I have been able to experience two of my dreams. In 2008, I was blessed to become a wife to a wonderful man. Being a wife has been the greatest joy and blessing. I know I don't always do my job well, but the Lord is merciful and my husband is patient. In 2009, I was blessed to teach for one year in a great school with an amazing group of kids. That year changed my life in many ways and helped prepare me for where I am today. There are days when I long to get back into teaching, but mainly just to teach that same class again. I know this isn't possible and life moves on, but I still think about my students every single day.
Being a pediatrician is no longer a dream of mine, but being a mother still is. We hope and pray the Lord would bless us in that way. Until then, I enjoy making a list of "dream jobs" I would like to have. Most of these I would like to experience for just one day, but others are a little more serious. Here's my current list:
- Small business owner -own a craft, vintage, home decor type business
- Author - I've often considered writing about dating, caregiving, the challenges of being a young Christian in such a worldly society
- Clothing Designer - specifically modest clothing for women and young girls
- Operate a Christian pregnancy care center
- Bat girl for the St. Louis Cardinals :)