I've learned throughout this pregnancy that getting enough protein is SO SO SO important. I aim for 75-100 grams of protein every day. Sometimes that's really hard. Especially when I'm having a "sweet tooth" day. I've come up with a solution to my problem....peanut butter and chocolate protein bars.
1/4 cup whole almonds
1 (15.5 oz) can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar)
1/2 chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)
1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Grind almonds in a food processor until they are super fine. Dump in a mixing bowl.
2. Put drained and rinsed chick peas in food processor and pulse until pasty. Dump in mixing bowl with almonds.
3. Add peanut butter and honey into bowl. Stir all ingredients to combine.
4. Press mixture into a wax paper lined 8X8 pan.
5. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small bowl.
6. Spread melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture over bars.
7. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let chocolate harden.
*Keep protein bars in refrigerator and cute off a chunk when want a treat!
These are a yummy, healthy way to get some protein and enjoy a little something sweet. If you close your eyes and think of rainbows and unicorns, these can even taste like those delicious Reese's peanut butter eggs.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Sunday, February 24, 2013
We're less than one month away from our due date. I keep telling myself that the most we will have to wait to hold our little girl is 6 weeks! That's not long to wait! I'm continuing to live by little dates to help pass the time...doctor's appointments, lunch dates, church meetings, family coming, Duck Dynasty season premier...every day gets us that much closer to our life changing. My plan is to stay busy and active until the day she decides to make her arrival.
My goals for this week:
- Get freezers cleaned out
- Start some freezer cooking
- Wash up her sheets, blankets, towels, etc.
- Get her closet more organized and shower gifts put away
Monday, February 18, 2013
I'm still feeling great and so thankful for a good pregnancy. We were blessed with a shower this weekend. Our church family is so loving and supportive. The shower was beautiful and Little Miss is definitely going to be one well-dressed little girl! It was so much fun to open all the gifts, then take them home and look through them all again. I'm thankful my mom and sister were able to come for the shower. We had a wonderful weekend together and it was special to have them here.
|Me with my mom and sister|
|Amazingly adorable diaper cake! I absolutely loved it!|