Friday, June 22, 2007

"...with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations."

Since I was introduced into the blogging world several months ago, I've often enjoyed visiting the Biblical Womanhood website and blog. The author of the site and blog is Crystal Paine, a Christian, stay-at-home wife and mother. Crystal just gave birth to her second child yesterday evening. Several months ago complications came up with her health, and she was diagnosed as severely anemic and very low platelet levels. After a long stint in the hospital, the doctors became concerned for her health and the health of her baby. Crystal and her husband had planned on a natural birth, but the complications led her to being induced at 37.5 weeks.

Crystal did a live birth diary throughout the duration of her labor and delivery. I spent most of the day yesterday refreshing my browser to keep updated on the process. Now, I realize that I have never met these people, so I really shouldn't be so involved in their life. However, I found myself so encouraged by the spirit and attitude that Crystal had throughout her pregnancy and especially in these last few weeks as so many things seemed to be going wrong. This woman maintained a positive attitude and it was clearly evident that she was completely relying on the Lord. Even when her plans for the birth of her baby were completely turned around, Crystal and her husband trusted that God had greater plans and they were fully relying on Him. To read the whole account of the birth day, you can see the post here.

As I was reading the entries yesterday and spending time in prayer for this family and for Caylub, I was reminded of this passage of Scripture: "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore." (Psalm 86:12) It was so encouraging and refreshing to here of God's children praising Him and trusting Him in a situation that might seem so horrible to many people. I was reminded that I often fall so short of giving proper praise to my merciful and gracious Father. When things don't go my way, I often forget that the Lord is in control and He is sovereign. Isaiah tells us of the Lord: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

All glory and praise be to God for giving Crystal strength to endure the trying delivery and to bless the family with a healthy baby girl. My heart just rejoices to know that God blesses His children and provides for their every need. I do hope that you will take a few minutes to read the account of His provision for this family. I pray to God that you and I might be able to trust in the Lord so faithfully and just be able to radiate the love and joy of the Lord at all times.

Psalm 89:1 "I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations."

No comments: