Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Oct. 18


Reviews from last week:


The cheddar sausage balls were REALLY good! They were very easy to make and had a great flavor. I used Jimmy Dean's Sage flavored sausage in mine. They were good hot or cold the next day.

The pumpkin oatmeal was good, but needed more sugar! It worked out really well to make this, because I had pumpkin left over from making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These were really good too! I substituted applesauce for oil, so they were a little healthier. Even after the cookies and oatmeal, I still had a little pumpkin left. So, I made pumpkin pancakes. I just added a few tablespoons of pumpkin to my pancake mix.

The tuscan chicken and beans was OK. I thought it was supposed to be a soup, but it wasn't. I could have added more broth to make it a soup, but I decided to just make it like the recipe. I couldn't find sun-dried tomato flakes at the store, so I left those out. It was definitely missing some flavor! I roasted a tomato in the oven and put it over mine. That helped some, but it was still a little bland.

I also attempted to make an apple pie from scratch this weekend. It didn't turn out so great, but I'll try again another time!

I made this Rosemary, Cheddar and Garlic bread to go with the roast on Friday night. It was very easy and very good!

This week's menu:

Monday: Pork chops, black-eyed peas

Tuesday: Creamy chicken taquitos, quacamole

Wednesday: Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells, garlic bread

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Soup and sandwiches

Saturday: Haven't decided, but something easy!

Sunday: Lunch for church - White Chicken Chili

Find more menu plans and recipes here!

No comments: