Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Herbs and Flowers

My attempt at gardening is my herb and flower bed. I have flowers planted on one end and herbs down the other. I also planted some morning glories. They're growing like crazy, but have yet to flower.

I planted some cheap, easy to care for flowers....petunias, moss rose, impatiens, and something else that I can't remember the name of. So far I haven't had any casualties. :)

The pot has my basil plant in it. It's not looking too good, so I decided not to take a picture of it. The rest of the herbs are at the end of this row.

A look at the herbs in a row.

Chives. The chives had a bit of a rough start and they're slow to get going. Stupidly, I planted them in a spot next to some pesky weeds/small trees that I still had to get out. I kept stepping on the chives while trying to dig the weeds and trees out.

Thyme

Parsley (with my morning glories in the background)

Rosemary. It was a lot fuller, but I've been using it quite a bit.

My favorite...cilantro!

Oregano

I really need to cut the dill and start drying it. Actually, I need to do this with several of the herbs.

No comments: