Friday, March 02, 2012

Random thoughts for your Friday entertainment

Wow, it's been a b-u-s-y few weeks! Actually, our lives have been a flurry of activity since about October. I think everything finally caught up with us in the last two weeks.

The Lord blessed us with a wonderful Florida Fellowship Meeting two weekends ago. All the cleaning, grocery shopping, and preparation was definitely worth the richness of the sermons and the sweet fellowship. It was wonderful to have our dear friend, Michelle, with us for the weekend. We stayed up way too late visiting and catching up, but it was memorable! Be sure to check out Little Union's website to listen to the sermons and the congregational singing from the meeting. You will be blessed!

Every ounce of energy was completely zapped from my body by the end of the meeting. Last week was spent recouping and lounging around. I'm pretty sure the only productive things I managed to get done were a few loads of laundry, dishes, cooked one or two meals, and cleaned the bathrooms. Thankfully, we're back into the swing of things this week and life is (mostly) back to normal.
In other news, I am in the midst of working on my very first quilt. I got the quilt top sewn last week and have started quilting it this week. I'm about 1/3 of the way done. It's quite a learning experience and is in no way close to perfection. But, I think the uneven stitches and the crooked lines add the the homemade charm!

I was 1.3 miles away from my 25 mile running goal for the month of February. Bummer. Early on in the month, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make the goal because of all we had going on. But, I managed to get a 4 mile run in on Monday and I had hope. But, when more important things came up the past two days, I said "fuhgeddaboutit!"

My good friend, Elizabeth, is made a recent debut (or comeback) to the blogging world! Hop on over to Under the Sycamore Tree to read about her adventures as a wife, momma, and gluten-free chef!

I have several recipe reviews to share with you! Hopefully, the creative juices will start flowing more rapidly and I will get those done soon. But for now, I'm off to get ready for an afternoon out with my wonderful husband!!!!

(How was that for a whole bunch of randomness!?!?)

2 comments:

Michele said...

I enjoyed the randomness. Glad that you are back! We have missed you! Love, Mom

Elizabeth said...

aww, thanks for the mention. : )

I'm glad you've recovered from the mtg...kind of like vacation, you just have to rest up afterward!