Saturday, October 14, 2006

Box City 2006


Here are some pictures of Box City on Thursday night.


Kurt and Josh (not show in picture) were kind enough to build an addition onto their "box mansion" for Shelly and me to sleep in. Kurt is shown here getting ready to add a side wall onto our "home" for the night.















It was quite chilly Thursday night. Here we are trying to keep warm in our hoodies by the fire.







When we finally went to bed in the early hours of Friday morning, it was approximately 31 degrees outside. Shelly and I piled 5 blankets on top of us and snuggled up together inside our little box. In the morning, I awoke to find myself alone in our box. Shelly was having trouble sleeping, so she got up at some point in the middle of the night and slept in someone's car.

All in all, it was a good time. It was great opportunity to raise awareness about homelessness and poverty. When I'm old and gray, I can add it to the list of crazy things I did in college.

1 comment:

strem said...

Sorry that Shelly cut short the experience, but glad you had a nice time and received some increased perspective on the homeless and poverty issues. Thanks for posting pictures!!!