Thursday, October 05, 2006

"...I will never leave thee..."

Ps 35:18 "I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people."

This afternoon I was sitting on campus enjoying a nice lunch and chat with my brother and a few friends when something amazing happened. Our wonderful friend, Amy joined us and announced that the SIUE Gospel Choir was singing outside. Becca, Isaac, and I quickly bid ‘adieu’ and made our way outside. As soon as our feet were out the door, we could here the name of Jesus echoing in the autumn air. Right there in the middle of the Quad, a group of college students were gathered to hear the praises of our Lord sung by an incredibly talented group of singers.

Thankfully, my 12:30 class was cancelled today, so I was blessed to be able to stay and listen for nearly an hour. It was an amazing experience to be able to pause in the middle of my hectic day to give thanks and worship God with other Christians…ON A SECULAR CAMPUS!!! It’s not every day that I am able to have this experience. Praise the LORD!

1 comment:

strem said...

Wish I could have been there. I miss participating in music every day (besides singing in the car and around the house to myself), and you know I miss being on a campus. Thanks for being willing to share the great things that are happening near you!