Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CVS and Walmart Deals

I love a good deal! My sweet friend, Liz, has been telling me about all the good deals she gets at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, etc for quite some time now. I've read about other people getting those good deals as well and it always excited me. However, I had this idea in my mind that it took a lot of work to cut out coupons, plan the shopping trips, and go to the store. Well, last week I finally decided to join the bandwagon!

I was so excited to see the newspaper out on the driveway Sunday morning! I eagerly started looking through the ads and coupons. With the help of Liz, Money Saving Mom, and Common Sense with Money, I created a plan of action.

I set out yesterday afternoon to shop at CVS, Dollar General, Walmart, and HEB. All in all, I'm very excited about my good deals!

CVS


2 bottles of Dawn dish soap, Phillips earbuds, Venus Embrace razor, 2 Energy Chews, 2 King Size Snickers
Total Spent: $11.34
Total Saved: $21.54
Total ECB earned: 5

Wal-Mart


2 bottles of Gain dish soap and 8-pack magnets
Total Spent: $0.48
Total Saved: $3.46

I won't post a picture of everything I bought at HEB or how much I spent. I will tell you that I saved $49.81 just by using coupons and shopping sales!

No comments: