Monday, August 01, 2011

Meal Planning Monday - Aug 1


Reviews:

Drunken Rosemary Chicken
- - This was pretty good. It wasn't very bold in flavor, but that might be because I didn't measure my spices. I like a lot of flavor in my food, so I will probably add more spices next time I make it. I threw some frozen broccoli in at the same time I put the rice in, then let it cook on HIGH for about 25 minutes. One dish meal!

Creamy Bacon and Avocado Pasta Salad - - I really enjoyed this pasta salad. It was refreshing, different, and fairly easy to put together. If I make it again, I will probably add in some dry ranch mix.

Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats
- - First, let me say that I HATE making rice crispy treats. They're so hard to stir, they're sticky, and they often turn out hard. I was excited to make this recipe, because I love all things cake batter flavored! The recipe only calls for 1/4 cup of dry cake mix, but I added about 1/3 cup. Still, I couldn't taste the cake flavor. They still turned out pretty good and the sprinkles add a nice little crunch!

I did have one little incident while making the rice crispy treats:


This week's plan:

Monday: Skillet chicken (I have a recipe, but I can't figure out where I got it from to link it up.), carrots, salad

Tuesday: Tilapia, rice, broccoli

Wednesday: Smothered Chicken, egg noodles, green beans

Thursday: Chris' Birthday Supper!!!! - - Ribeyes, baked potatoes, salad

Friday: Out of town - - Ranger's game!

Saturday: Out of town to celebrate Chris' birthday - - Hurricane Harbor and Ranger's game!

Sunday: Not taking anything to church because we will be going there straight from Dallas; Supper - - Chicken tortellini

Find more menu ideas here!

1 comment:

matthew said...

Way too many Rangers games in this plan...