Friday, February 25, 2011

Where are the cows?


I was awakened from my sleep at 2:30 a.m. to the sound of a cowbell. It really isn't all that unusual (Grandma's bed alarm broke a few weeks ago, so she uses a cow bell to let us know when she needs to get up), but it's still quite alarming.

I stumbled into Grandma's room to find her sitting on the edge of her bed looking around. I asked her what she needed.

"I don't know. I've been sitting here for hours and hours with all these people. They told me all the cows in the world are gone. I thought I would ring this bell to find out."

(Suppressing a laugh, or as much of a laugh as is possible at 2:30 a.m.) "Well, there aren't any cows here. Do you need to go to the bathroom?"

"I guess. Is there any in there?"

"No, there aren't any cows in there."

After we get done in the bathroom, I take her back to her bed. I try my best to explain to her that she was having a dream. She didn't ask much more about the cows and went back to bed pretty easily.

Maybe we should take the cowbell away.

No comments: