Friday, April 15, 2011

Random Friday

Random thoughts for today:

  • I had a random, interesting conversation with the beautician while getting my hair cut this morning.

Just a few minutes after sitting down:
Beautician: Do you have kids?
Me: No, not yet.
B: Do you want kids?
Me: Yes, Lord willing, we would like to have several.
B: Oh, did you just get married?
Me: No, we've been married about 2 1/2 years.
B: Well, my sister just got engaged to the guy she's been dating for 10 years. She had to wait to get her Tiffany's ring. She said she doesn't want kids until she's 30. She's almost 26 now.
Me: Wow, that's a long time to be with someone before getting married. That's exciting though.
B: Yeah. What color were your bridesmaids' dresses?
Me: Our colors were sage green and cream.
B: Oh.
(after a long, awkward pause) Me: What color is your sister doing?
B: Well, she doesn't know yet. I want her to do black, but she doesn't want to decide yet. She said we will decide this summer. The wedding isn't until November.
Me: That's plenty of time to decide. I do like the idea of having black.
Awkward silence for a few minutes, then more random conversations about weddings, not being busy, and her trying to imitate how a 3-year old was laughing when he was getting his hair cut yesterday.

  • It always amuses me when I hear someone say: "Good luck. I'll be praying for you," or something along those lines.

  • I bought a new mug and tumbler at Target this morning. They have pretty spring flowers and butterflies. I can't wait to have some hot tea in my new mug and a nice glass of iced tea in my tumbler!

  • I've had a bad craving for warm, gooey brownies all day. I might just have to make an emergency trip up to the grocery store.

  • I've had a Reese's egg sitting in my refrigerator for a week now. I'm afraid to eat it because I think I might want it more in a little bit. I'm weird like that.

  • It's really windy today. Actually, it's really windy almost every day. Apparently that's what happens in West Texas. Everyday I ask myself, "Self, do you think you will ever get use to this crazy wind?" Thankfully I don't answer myself back. I just wear my hair in a permanent ponytail.
  • I went to Zumba last night. It made me feel like I was an awkward, monkey-like, standing-in-the-corner-of-the-club, salsa dancer wanna be. I did sweat though, which is the whole point, right?

1 comment:

Michele said...

The Reese's egg made me laugh. Dad said you are so much like your mother-so sorry!
This post made me laugh alot, thanks!
Love you!!