Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Afternoon Project

A few months ago I saw this neat crafty project on the Rachael Ray show. I thought it looked fun, easy, and inexpensive. So, I set out to the dollar store and gathered my supplies. Unfortunately, I misplaced my hot glue gun right around the same time and wasn't able to do the project. Fast forward to Monday afternoon when I found my glue gun buried in a pile of junk! Woohoo!

I took a little time yesterday afternoon to finally do the project. It was so simple and took a little over an hour from start to finish, including clean up. The supplies are cheap: fake flowers, plastic wiffle balls, and hot glue.

The finished products.

Hydrangea ball

Pink flowers with a butterfly.

I used them as fillers in one of my apothecary jars.

My group of jars with the flower ball/puff/things, shells collected from our recent trip to MS, loose petals, and apples & pears.

My favorite one!

It needed a special place, so I set it out on the TV console. I love how it looks!

Just a few tips if you're planning to make this craft:
  • Fuller flowers work the best
  • You will need 2 bunches of flowers per ball.
  • When I saw the idea on the show, she glued around the hole of the ball and the base of the flower. I started doing that, but decided it was taking too much time. So, I just glued around the hole of the ball and the flowers held just fine.
  • I think these would be super cute hanging from ribbon in a room, for a party, or as wedding decor!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Looks great! I have a feeling they look even better in person! The last one is my favorite too! Love the pears too! I might copy the project and hang some up in the girls room. :)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Those are so cute! I like the white one best of all too! You are very crafty...I enjoy getting crafty too, but don't always have the time.