Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recipe Review - - Chicken Boudine

I made Bobby's Lighter Chicken Boudine for supper last night. I had never heard of Chicken Boudine, so I would have never known it was the "lighter" version. Either way, it was very tasty! I served it with roasted asparagus and steamed broccoli.

Review:

Ease: This was a really easy recipe to make. I put it together early in the day and had it in the refrigerator until supper time. It took about 20 minutes to throw together. That includes cooking the chicken. I just sauteed the chicken before I did the onion and peppers.

Cost: This is a very affordable recipe. Just adding it up in my head quickly, I would say this cost around $4 to make. I don't always have "No Yolk" noodles on hand, but they are pretty cheap. Everything else in the recipe can usually be found in my pantry, freezer, or refrigerator.

Taste: Yummo! I left out the mushrooms, but I added minced garlic, pepper, and thyme. It wasn't overly flavorful, but it was very good. I really love spinach and I liked how it tasted with the red pepper. I did use a whole red pepper instead of just 1/2 like the recipe calls for.

Nutrition: I wouldn't say that this is a "healthy" recipe, but it definitely isn't unhealthy. It is definitely a quilt-free recipe. I don't think I used fat-free cream of mushroom soup. I remember that there was a lady standing in front of the fat-free cans in the grocery store and she wasn't moving. I'm usually in a big hurry when I'm shopping, so I didn't want to wait for her to finish chatting. So, I had to sacrifice.

Overall: 4 out of 5 stars - - Good, but not a recipe I would crave.

No comments: